Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Get Over It. Tips to mending a broken heart...or forgetting about it until it mends itself.

I have dated a lot of men. I have broken up with a lot of men. And I think somewhere in there I have been broken up with. Right now I'm going through a thing, which I think I briefly touched on in a previous post. Anyways, I'm going through this thing and I'm feeling a lot better about it. As I knew I would. My system usually works. I am going to share my tips and I hope it works for you because we could all use any way available to mend a broken heart. If it doesn't work...try throwing a lamp or something. It works in the movies.

1. Go out. Get dressed up, put on lipstick, wear high heels and go out.
2. FLIRT. You don't have to date someone you meet out, but it's reassuring to feel wanted and sometimes all you need to know is that someone finds you interesting.
3. Surround yourself with people who flatter you. Let your friends tell you that you deserve better and that you're worth more and that you're a pretty pretty princess. Repetition is important.
4. Surround yourself with people who will remind you why he's your ex. It's important to have friends remind you of how great you are, but it also helps when you have friends who remind you of the bad things in your ex that you might not be able to see. We tend to over-romanticize things and our friends are there to keep us in check.
5. Go out again. Buy a new outfit and wear it. And rock it. This time, have a good time, not to show off to other people, but because you DESERVE to.
6. Don't think too hard. Don't ponder what could have been, what you could have done differently, what he could have done differently. It's done and it hurts. Don't fix the past. Fix yourself for the future and the many possibilities that lay ahead of you.
7. Remember that "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end". We have begun again so many times we probably don't even realize how many times we start over in life. And that's a good thing. It's proof that we can. Think about the times something ended...and all the times you got to start over again and prove how brave you are. You are brave. And you can do it.

The most important thing to remember is that you are amazing. There are seven billion people in the world...the universe won't let you be alone unless you want that. 

I can't LOVE YOU ENOUGH right now,

Sara <3

No comments:

Post a Comment