Monday, June 24, 2013

For My Sister

Dear Sister,

I have loved you since you were born. I have fallen more in love with you every day of our lives. Even when I couldn't stand you, I also couldn't have loved you any more. We have shared a room and then our own place practically our whole lives and now that you are leaving I feel like a giant piece of my heart is breaking away and leaving with you. I know that you need to move away and be free and start a life that makes you truly happy. You deserve those things. You earned those things. But I also selfishly don't want to be so far from you. 

We couldn't be any more different. Many times in my life I wanted to be like you, young and beautiful and carefree. You couldn't back down from a dare. You played football with the boys. You spoke your mind and you were never afraid to be just you. I'm sure having a nerdy, sarcastic sister wasn't always easy and sometimes I think maybe you felt my shadow loom over you. But it never did. You always shone brighter than anything I've ever seen and will likely ever see. 

We didn't share many secrets and led different lives for many years. Even then, I knew that if I had nobody, I would always have you. Today, I know that I don't need anybody else if I have you. You have  been many things for me when I felt lost. My younger sister, providing wisdom and insight beyond her years. Words would be insufficient to express your impact on my life. 

Although many states will separate us, just know that a part of me is going with you and will guide you and protect you whenever you need it. 

You are my favorite person and  I already miss watching Brain Games with you. 

Thank you for some of the best memories of my life.

I WILL LOVE YOU FOR ETERNITY AND right now,
Sara <3

No comments:

Post a Comment